Friday, September 14, 2007

More Random Information About Me.

A few others in Blogland have done the exercise below. Since I have nothing particulaly interesting or creative to post today, I defaulted to this:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago my son had just been walking for a couple of months, so now he was off to the races. I was a red head with long hair. My husband's aunt lived with us, so we had live in babysitting. Day care was still a year away.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago it was just past my 40th birthday. Weight loss was really beginning to show. I was dancing at a friend's wedding reception :)

Five snacks you enjoy:

• Cashews
• Dates
• Chocolate
• Ice cream
• Cheese

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to: (You can't say I'm not well rounded!)
• Mercedes Benz (Janis Joplin)
• Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
• Evergreen (Theme song from the Streisand/Kristofferson version of A Star is Born)
• Red Neck Woman (Gretchen Wilson)
• Piano Man (Billy Joel)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
• Buy a house and serious acreage in Southern Illinois so the land stays in the family.
• Put money aside for my son's education and our retirement
• Make sure my brother's kids are taken care of
• Pay my mother in law's heating bills and property taxes forever. Repair her pool and have central air installed!
• Travel

Five bad habits:
• Avoidance. If it is unpleasant, I'll avoid it like the plague.
• I'm a wicked critic, especially of myself. Goes along side-by-side with my perfectionism.
• Impatience with those who either a: should know better or b: are able to determine their own fate. I'm very patient with the elderly, babies and animals.
• I can get stuck in ruts!
• Boy, can I swear. Right up there with truckers and career NCOs

Five things you like doing:
• Cooking
• Walking in the woods (But, really, I'll walk anywhere)
• Listening to music
• Writing
• Love a good debate!

Five things you would never wear again:
• Bikini
• Tube Top
• Platform shoes
• Pleated skirts
• Anything with words running across my ass!

Five favorite toys:
• iPod
• Laptop
• Teddy Bears (I still have a few)
• Raggedy Ann type dolls
• My son's light sabres. We have a great time dueling with them.


r.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm with ya with the pants. Who wants someone reading your butt anyway??!

Maria said...

I laughed at your clothes choices. ME TOO. I would rather die than wear a bikini. My worst nightmare would be to be stuck in a tube top, a pleated skirt with words across my ass and platform shoes....UGH.

And, I am a walker too. I take a walk every morning, come rain or come shine. I swear that it is the one thing that keeps my sanity.

Blur Ting said...

I won't wear bikinis again too :-)

The World According To Me said...

Hi Rebecca

You have my five bad habits!

Bikini? I'm suddenly feeling panicky!

Love Comfortably Numb.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Now I can imagine cooking, walking, and argueing with you in your IL farm :)

I'm going to steal this meme one of these days too...

Eastcoastdweller said...

Thanks for sharing this fun idea.

SOUL said...

where are you? isnt this thing like a year old?
you ok?