Friday, September 14, 2007

More Random Information About Me.

A few others in Blogland have done the exercise below. Since I have nothing particulaly interesting or creative to post today, I defaulted to this:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago my son had just been walking for a couple of months, so now he was off to the races. I was a red head with long hair. My husband's aunt lived with us, so we had live in babysitting. Day care was still a year away.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago it was just past my 40th birthday. Weight loss was really beginning to show. I was dancing at a friend's wedding reception :)

Five snacks you enjoy:

Cashews
Dates
Chocolate
Ice cream
Cheese

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to: (You can't say I'm not well rounded!)
Mercedes Benz (Janis Joplin)
Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
Evergreen (Theme song from the Streisand/Kristofferson version of A Star is Born)
Red Neck Woman (Gretchen Wilson)
Piano Man (Billy Joel)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Buy a house and serious acreage in Southern Illinois so the land stays in the family.
Put money aside for my son's education and our retirement
Make sure my brother's kids are taken care of
Pay my mother in law's heating bills and property taxes forever. Repair her pool and have central air installed!
Travel

Five bad habits:
Avoidance. If it is unpleasant, I'll avoid it like the plague.
I'm a wicked critic, especially of myself. Goes along side-by-side with my perfectionism.
Impatience with those who either a: should know better or b: are able to determine their own fate. I'm very patient with the elderly, babies and animals.
I can get stuck in ruts!
Boy, can I swear. Right up there with truckers and career NCOs

Five things you like doing:
Cooking
Walking in the woods (But, really, I'll walk anywhere)
Listening to music
Writing
Love a good debate!

Five things you would never wear again:
Bikini
Tube Top
Platform shoes
Pleated skirts
Anything with words running across my ass!

Five favorite toys:
iPod
Laptop
Teddy Bears (I still have a few)
Raggedy Ann type dolls
My son's light sabres. We have a great time dueling with them.


r.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm with ya with the pants. Who wants someone reading your butt anyway??!

Maria said...

I laughed at your clothes choices. ME TOO. I would rather die than wear a bikini. My worst nightmare would be to be stuck in a tube top, a pleated skirt with words across my ass and platform shoes....UGH.

And, I am a walker too. I take a walk every morning, come rain or come shine. I swear that it is the one thing that keeps my sanity.

Blur Ting said...

I won't wear bikinis again too :-)

The World According To Me said...

Hi Rebecca

You have my five bad habits!

Bikini? I'm suddenly feeling panicky!

Love Comfortably Numb.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Now I can imagine cooking, walking, and argueing with you in your IL farm :)

I'm going to steal this meme one of these days too...

Eastcoastdweller said...

Thanks for sharing this fun idea.

SOUL said...

where are you? isnt this thing like a year old?
you ok?