Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Stolen Meme...

I didn't have much to say today, so here's a meme from Soul Survivor that I liked...I edited it, though.

1. At what age do you wish to/did you marry?
I got married when I was 24. It'll be 18 years in October of this year, and it is mostly good. That said, I probably should have waited. Maybe 26?

2. If there is something you’d like to change about yourself (whether physically or emotionally), what would it be?
Well, what I wanted to change physically I have. The rest I guess I would need a money tree and a good plastic surgeon to deal with ;) . Emotionally, maybe I'd change my fear of confrontation with those I love. I worry too much about addressing real concerns for fear of losing the relationship. That and fear of abandonment.

3. If you were stranded on a desert island, who are the 3 blog buddies you would take with you? Why?
Hmmm. Probably Marty...she has such wonderful stories to tell, full history, knowledge, intelligence and warmth. Maria, because I'd like to meet her and have a glass or three of wine with her, Bing and Liv. And Kate. Funny, smart, quite a mouth on her, liberal and quite an athlete.

4. Where do you most want to travel?
I want to go to Alaska. I want to go back to Maine. I want to go to places with thick woods and beaches not too far away. It doesn't have to be tropical, it does have to be uncrowded.

5. If there is one fear inside you that you hope to be able to face and conquer, what would that be?
I know it sounds silly, but my fear of heights. There are others less silly, however....

5A. Soul's Question: what is the the riskiest/most selfless thing you have done to help a friend?
Opened my home to them and their pets for however long it took...

6. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
Best complement? Oy. Ummmm. Professionally: our largest client is still our client because my company employed me. Personally: I didn't recognize you (you should see my driver's license picture).

7. What are you most afraid to lose?
My family...my son in particular. Hands down.

8. If you won $1 million, what would you do?
Travel, buy a house or three, invest, give a bunch away to family, pay off all debt.

9. If you meet someone that you love, would you confess to him/her?
I'm married. But I have learned to let all those in my life know how I feel.

11. What are the most important qualities for you in a significant other?
He has to have a sense of humor, be intelligent and compassionate. Strong. We don't have to agree on everything, but we have to be able to talk about it.

12. Which type of person do you hate the most?
Hate is a very strong word. The quality I most dislike in a person is hypocrisy. God, I hope that doesn't make me guilty of it...

13. What is your ambition?
To learn what really constitutes a happy life, to raise a well-adjusted child. And on a lighter note, accomplish a few of the trickier yoga poses with more, um, shall we say, dignity.

14. What is the thing that will make you think he/she is bad?
No one is all bad, but again, hypocrisy or disloyalty.

16. What do you think is the most important thing in your life?
My family, friends, good health.

17. Are you a shopaholic or no?
Nope. I do enjoy shopping though. I didn't use to, but now that clothes FIT, it is much more pleasurable :) And a day spent in a bookstore is bliss. Or a hardware store. Or a kitchen gadget store....I don't need to buy, but I do love to browse what interests me. It was sheer brilliance to put coffee outlets in bookstores :P

18. Which actress or actor would you like to be?
None. Have you seen the recent train wrecks? Damn!

20. Do you have any plans for tomorrow?
Yep. Going to work, then going home. No gym. No Yoga. No school activity. Nada. Oh, yeah, laundry.

r.

7 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ahhhh Alaska, that's where I wanna go too. One day, RP, one day we will make it there :)
If you go to Alaska, you may pass by Oregon, if so, remember to drop by k? :)
There is always a room for you/ your family at my place.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Very succinct but well-thought out answers. I feel as if I know You a little bit better now. No worries -- I'm no stalker. (o:

Think I'll do some laundry tonight, too. It would be nice to have a shirt to wear to work tomorrow.

Kate said...

I'm honored to be on your desert island short-list, in spite of the fact that I'm reading "Lord of the Flies", which is enough to put anyone off desert islands forever...

SOUL said...

good job girl--as usual. i like your memes

soooo--- your question? what would it be????

Jamie said...

I like this, thanks for sharing!

And thanks so much for your kind comments recently, you have no idea how much they mean. :)

Rebecca said...

Mother Hen, thank you...and if you are ever in NYC, by all means, look me up :)

East Coast Dweller, No worries. Never took you for a stalker. And one of things I love about blogs is getting to know the authors both by what they choose to write about and how they write.

Kate, I know I have been remiss, but I have never read that book. But I figure with all the climbing, hiking and skiing you've done, you'd fun to hang out with. Resourceful, too:P

Thanks, Soul...My question. I knew you'd ask...Let's see. For what reason did you begin your blog? Why do you maintain it?

Jamie, Thank you for your visit. I shall visit you and your daughter for updates...and keep sending you all the positive energy I can.

Jessica said...

I laughed at your trickier yoga poses answer. I take yoga at the community center. It's funny how the janitors always have to walk through when we're doing "interesting" poses.
Dirty old men. :)